Here at Audio Animals we pride ourselves on using high quality mixing and mastering equipment. Monitoring is no exception. This is why we installed ATC monitoring in to our mixing and mastering setup. ATC are one of the industries leading high end monitor companies. With a wide range to choose from, ATC have all bases covered. The ATC monitors we chose were the ATC SCM20ASL Pro MK2’s. The reason for this choice was simple. We have used these monitors before on many projects and every mix came back sounding incredibly accurate and precise. Was an obvious choice to add these monitors to our studio setup.
ATC SCM20ASL Pro MK2 Spec
ATC are renowned for the surgical precision that their monitors impart to your sound – the SCM20ASL Pro is no exception. If something doesn’t sound correct or stands out in the mix, then it will show up on the SCM20ASL Pro.
From their inception as the Acoustic Transducer Company, ATC has made a commitment to developing the best speakers you can buy – first, they started with PA speakers in the early days of stadium tours, but then branched out developing amps and reference monitors, such as the CM20ASL Pro.
By sticking to what they do best, ATC can deliver it to you – and the ATC SCM20ASL Pro is there to bring out the best that you can do.
ATC SCM20ASL Pro Overview:
- 25mm soft dome HF unit.
- Full “SL” spec ATC bass driver with integral 75mm soft dome.
- 9kg precision machined and optimised motor assembly.
- LF contour control
- On board ATC built two way 250W Bi-Amp Pack
- Heavily damped Aluminium cabinet
- 6 year warranty
- Drivers: HF 25mm, Mid/LF 75/150mm
- Amplitude Linearity (±2dB): 80Hz-17kHz
- Cut-off Frequencies (-6dB, free-standing): 60Hz, 22kHz
- Horizontal Dispersion: ±80°, Coherent
- Vertical Dispersion: ±10°, Coherent
- Max. Continuous SPL (1 metre): 108dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8kHz
- Input Connectors: Male XLR
- Input Sensitivity: 1V
- Input Sensitivity Trim: ±6dB
- Input Impedance: Balanced > 10kΩ
- Amplifier Output: Bass 250W, High 50W
- Filters: Even Order Critically Damped
- Overload Protection: Active FET momentary gain reduction plus thermal tweeter protection
- Front Panel Indicators: Power On indicator, Gain Reduction warning
- LF EQ: +6dB @ 40Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 448 x 270 x 310mm (17.6˝ x 10.6˝ x 12.2˝)
- Weight: 30kg / 66lbs