Yamaha PSS-480 is a free VST instrument recorded directly from an original 1980’s Yamaha PSS-480 synthesizer. The VST works in an almost identical way to the hardware with the added benefit of including an additional ADSR, reverb, pitch bend and pan control. All 100 of the original sounds have been recorded and are included across the full keyboard range. 100 rhythm drum patterns can be triggered much like the original hardware synth. The sound of the 80’s has never been easier to get in the box.
The VST can be used to trigger all 100 sounds and is compatible with both 32/64 bit windows and mac. This ensures compatibility with all major DAWs.
- Master Volume - Master volume control
- Master Pan - Master pan control
- Master Reverb - Master reverb control
- Master Pitch Bend - +2 / -2 pitch bend range
- Voice Select - Number read out for the sound selected
- Voice List - 00 - 99 different sounds to select from
- Rhythm List - 100 drum patterns of different styles and genres
- ADSR - Attack, decay, sustain and release control
- Portamento - Glide control of sound
Additional parameters not found on the original hardware include an ADSR, reverb, pan, pitch bend and portamento. We have decided to implement these parameters into the VST to gain maximum flexibility and scope of sound.
All 100 original PSS-480 drum loops can be triggered using the rhythm section. The rhythm section can be used to jam along to and keep time to any of the 100 styles of music.
IDENTICAL SOUND TO HARDWARE
All samples have been recorded directly from the Yamaha PSS-480 line out. This ensures that playback of the VST is exactly the same as the sound out of the hardware.