Back in 1977, Scottish company GR International Ltd, which was owned by two brothers who both happened to be musicians, designed and manufactured a rhythm machine called the Powerhouse. The company, who also manufactured cassette recorders for hi–fi music centres, designed the Powerhouse to take eight–track cartridges loaded with drum loops, apparently performed by a top session drummer. The loops could then be subjected to a degree of processing using the Powerhouse’s controls, which included a tempo control and a balance knob for mixing two related rhythms.
About Bandmaster Powerhouse VST & Wav Sample Pack
A diverse collection of 64 original Bandmaster Powerhouse 8 track tape recordings. All 8 of the original tapes have been recorded which span a wide range of genres. These tapes are the ultimate collection of vintage breaks and are highly sought after samples. All the loops found in this VST and sample pack are recorded directly from the Bandmaster Powerhouse. Owning the original source audio files of such an iconic machine allows you to capture that vintage sound in your production and add a modern twist. All samples are recorded in 24bit/44,100kHz wav.
VST Sampler 540 Mb
Wav Sample Pack 421 Mb
The Bandmaster Powerhouse is in good condition and in full working order. All 8 tapes play back correctly and can be heard in the video or audio demos above. We have owned this unit for the past 4 years and have love recording it. It has been well looked after and serviced regularly. The latest service was in January 2018 right before we did the final recordings for the VST we were creating.
8 Track Tapes
- Tape 1 - Quickstep / Shuffle / Twist / Funky Beat
- Tape 2 - Old Time Waltz / Jazz Waltz / 12/8 Rhythm / Modern Waltz
- Tape 3 - Slow Foxtrot / Tango / Pasadoble / Bolero
- Tape 4 - Samba / Mambo / Meringue / Calypso
- Tape 5 - Rhumba / Cha-Cha / Bossa Nova / Beguine
- Tape 6 - March / Polka / 6/8 Rhythm / Jig
- Tape 7 - Motown Slowbeat / Latin Slowbeat
- Tape 8 - Latin Rock / Rock Rhythm / Cuban Rock / Glitter Rock