In this series of videos we will be interviewing and being interviewed by various different industry professionals. This week we sat down with Jess Jacobs, a South African audio engineer who has just finished his honours degree and is now looking for a work in the industry. In this 1 hour question and answer video Jess asked the following questions.
1. What are you looking for (experience & qualification wise) in applicants for studio assistant assistant positions?
2. What are you looking for in a CV or portfolio when they are submitted – is there anything that should stand out more or be a more prominent feature?
3. What is the general rate of pay/ acceptable for a studio assistant position? (So assistants aren’t being underpaid for services)
4. How should applicants approach studios/engineers to apply for these positions?
5. Do you have any advice for new engineers starting up as independents for building their client base within the industry? 6. Would you recommend Enginears?
The Audio Animals Podcast will travel the UK and possibly the world to interview and talk to various different industry professionals and business’s. If you or your company want to feature on The Audio Animals Podcast please use the form below to contact us and apply for consideration.