In this video I review how the Solid State Logic Fusion and Rupert Neve Portico 2 MBP pair together. Are they the perfect combination or do they do the same thing.
- Vintage Drive - is a unique non-linear harmonic enhancement circuit that brings cohesion and strength to your mix. Drive and Density controls interact to produce harmonic saturation and soft compression derived from overloading an analogue circuit. It can be used lightly for subtle thickening saturation or driven hard for more extreme distortion.
- The SSL Violet EQ - an all-new minimum phase-shift, two-band shelving EQ. The first new SSL analogue EQ circuit for more than 25 years draws on the SSL legacy of carefully selected frequencies and response curves to create a musical and intuitive EQ designed to quickly dial in low-end weight and high-end sheen. High and Low frequency circuits each offer four switched frequency points and +/-9dB attenuation.
- A new High Frequency Compressor delivers the distinctive sound of high frequency rounding in the analogue domain. A compressor that effects high frequencies only, optimised for smooth and transparent harshness reduction and a tape-like high- frequency roll off – great for taming brittle high frequency fizz.
- A new Stereo Image enhancer provides a true analogue Mid-Side circuit that manipulates the Side signal, allowing for widening and spatial manipulation of the stereo field.
- A switched, custom-designed SSL Transformer circuit introduces subtle low-frequency saturation, alongside a high-frequency phase-shift. The result is a simultaneous thickening of the low-end and an added sparkle to the high-end.