1. Universal Audio 2 Pcie card: We own both a PCIE quad card, octo card and Apollo interface. Over the years we’ve purchased all plugins UAD have to offer. This includes some of the worlds biggest studio brands including Neve, Ampex, Shadow Hills, DBX, SSL + many more. UAD changed our thinking when it came to digital plugins. Having used analogue hardware for the majority of our musical careers, going digital was something we were quite skeptical of as we strive for the highest quality audio. UAD analogue emulation made sense to us as the emulations are near identical to their analogue equivalent. UAD plugins aren’t cheap but the quality is so good it’s worth the investment. Believe me when I tell you this will be the best investment you will ever make.
2. Maselec MLA-3 Multiband Compressor: This is by far the single biggest investment we’ve made to the studio. Costing £3400 this compressor is by far one of the best compressors in the industry. The Maselec MLA-3 is a multiband mastering compressor with 3 bands of precise compression. This compressor is one of many important parts of our mastering chain. Being in a position to have such a high end, high quality compressor only found in the worlds best mastering studios charging £80+ per track, we can bring the highest quality mastering to the industry for a reasonable price. We could not live without this compressor
3. Moog Voyager RME ( XL ): The Moog Voyager is a classic synth and known as one of the best synths ever made. With it’s unique warm analogue bass, rich in harmonics and huge sound you can really hear why this synth is so world renowned. We have expanded our Moog to include CV ins and CV outs. This expands the Moog Voyager into a seriously powerful synths with 1000’s of possibilities.
4. Access Virus TI Snow: The Access Virus Ti Snowis by far the best synth we have. Has been our go to synth for many years now. The ease of use and wide range of sounds is perfect for all production styles. The Ti stands for total integration. This synth integrates directly with your DAW and can be controlled by mouse in your DAW or by hand using the synth. We use this synth in every track we write without fail. It’s most impressive sounds come when making wide spacious pads.
5. SSL Summing Mixer: We love this desk we can’t get enough of it. Such high quality and precise sound. We have custom built our desk to include both SSL E and G series eqs and compressors. In our X-Racks we have installed 2 stereo 9000 k series channel strips, 2 mono 9000 k series channel strips, 2 mono 4000 e series channel strips, g series bus compressor and 16 channels of super analogue summing. In my opinion the SSL X-Rack is perfect. You can custom build your rack to fit the perfect way you like to mix down.