- Maselec MLA-3 Multiband Compressor
- Shadow Hills Duel Vandergraph
- SSL G Series Bus Compressor Clone
- SSL X-Rack Super Analogue Stereo Compressor
- SSL X-Rack 4k E Series Stereo Compressor
- Maag EQ4 Stereo EQ
- Elysia Stereo EQ
- 2x Little Labs Vog
- SSL X-Rack Super Analogue Stereo EQ
- SSL X-Rack 4k E Series Stereo EQ
- SPL Transient Designer MK2
- Interface And Mixer
- SSL Alpha link Madi-AX (AD/DA Convertor)
- Apogee Duet 2 (AD/DA Convertor)
- SSL 24 Channel Summing Mixer
- SSL Master Bus Module
- UAD Plugins
- Ampex ATR-102 Tape Simulator
- Studer Tape Simulator
- Manley Massive Passive EQ (Mastering)
- Millennia NSEQ-2 EQ
- Neve 1073 EQ
- Neve 1081 EQ
- Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor
- Trident A-Range EQ
- Little Labs Voice Of God Vog Bass Resonance EQ
- Sonnox Oxford Inflator Compressor
- Precision K Stereo Ambiance Recovery
- Precision Enhancer kHz
- Precision De-Esser
- Precision Bus Compressor
- SSL 4K Bus Compressor
- Brainworx Modus Equilizer BX1
- Bax Dangerous EQ
- Vocalists / Rappers / Mc’s
- Lil Wayne ( hip hop rap artist ) [ visit site ]
- Frankee Razor ( top 10 american idol finalist ) [ listen here ]
- Bridget Barkan ( scissor sisters ) [ listen here ]
- Andrae Carter ( world class guitarist for DAMIAN MARLEY ) [ visit site ]
- Kele Le Roc ( UK vocalist my love / little bit of lovin #8 UK charts ) [ visit site ]
- Zoe Birkett ( west end musical star and 3rd place finalist on pop idol ) [ visit site ]
- Austin Drage ( x factor finalist 2008 ) [ visit site ]
- Kymberley Myles ( first lady of UKG ) [ visit site ]
- Jenny Jones ( finalist on THE VOICE )
- Steve Balsamo ( lead role in westend musical jesus christ superstar ) [ visit site ]
- Ben Richards ( westend theater star and actor ) [ visit site ]
- Zoe Rainey ( westend and broadway theater star ) [ visit site ]
- Charlotte Riby ( westend and broadway theater star ) [ visit site ]
- Chris Manoe ( singers inc / dancers inc ) [ visit site ]
- David Boomah ( drum and bass vocalist )
- UNCZ ( drum and bass mc’s ) [ listen here ]
- Mc Funsta ( drum and bass mc UNCZ ) [ listen here ]
- Harry Shotta ( drum and bass mc UNCZ ) [ listen here ]
- Francis Wood ( finalist on THE VOICE ) [ watch here ]
- Ragga Twins ( jungle ragga mc’s ) [ watch here ]
- Mc Sparks ( garage legend )
- Film / Tv
- Sub Pub Music ( LA film music producers ) [ listen here ]
- Sony Pictures ( film company ) [ watch here ]
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ( Andrew Garfield / Emma Stone / Jamie Foxx ) [ watch here ]
- Warner Bros. Pictures ( film company ) [ listen here ]
- 20th Century Fox ( film company ) [ visit site ]
- Winter’s Tale Trailer ( russel crowe / colin farrell ) [ watch here ]
- X-men – Days Of Future Past ( patrick stewart / hugh jackman / james mcavoy ) [ visit site ]
- BBC ( tv / radio ) [ watch here ]
- Rick Stein’s India Recipes ( bbc tv program ) [ watch here ]
- Mikkel Heimburger ( sub pub music ) [ watch here ]
- Drum And Bass Artsists
- Mampi Swift / Charge recordings ( drum and bass label ) [ listen here ]
- Nicky Blackmarket ( owner of blackmarket records soho ) [ listen here ]
- LTJ Bukem + Madcap ( Good Looking Records ) [ listen here ]
- Erb N Dub ( drum and bass producer )
- Random Concept ( drum and bass label ) [ visit site ]
- Dj SS ( formation records )
- Cabin Fever ( drum and bass group )
- Cabbie ( drum and bass producer )
- Yardrock ( drum and bass / jungle label ) [ visit site ]
- Asbo Audio ( drum and bass label ) [ listen here ]
- Dj Panic ( jump up drum and bass producer )
- Torchman ( drum and bass dj )
- House / Dance / Dubstep / Garage Artists
- Live Artists
Q. Why do I not just use ozone?
A. Ozone will get your track quite loud but it will not give your track the clarity and overall fullness it deserves. Mastering is not just about audio processing. Expertise and knowledge play a huge part in knowing how to master a track. Ozone is a digital alternative to low quality mastering where as what we offer is high quality analogue mastering using the worlds best audio gear.
Q. Will my track be loud?
A. Yes your track will be loud but unlike most digital masters will keep it’s dynamic range. Knowing how to make your track loud without compromising dynamics comes with years of practice and experience.
Q. How long does it take?
A. Roughly 4-7 days.
Q. What is a Maselec MLA-3 and why do they cost £3400?
A. The Maselec MLA-3 is widely known as the best multiband mastering compressor in the industry. The precision of this mastering compressor makes it perfect for all genres of music.
Q. How do Audio Animals get such good results?
A. This is partly down to experience and also the high end equipment we use. We use legendary audio equipment such as Shadow Hills and Maselec compressors as well as Maag, SSL, Elysia, Little labs eq’s.
- Select your Studio Service here and add to cart.
- Now View Cart.
- Check your order and proceed to checkout.
- Fill out necessary details, name and email address.
- Accept terms and conditions and click place order.
- You will now be directed to paypal where you can pay using card or paypal account. ( paypal account not required )
- Once payment is complete you will be returned back to the Audio Animals site.
- You can now fill out your upload form. Click here and open the upload form.
- Now upload your track to WeTransfer, dropbox, zippyshare.
- We will be in contact as soon as we receive your order.
- 16 – 24 – 32 bit Stereo Wav 44,100 khz ( preferably 24 bit )
- -3db of headroom ( lower is fine )
- Bypass any master bus compression / limiter / eq / widening
- Send files via our upload form after completion of payment here
- Send single 1 track stem of your complete mix
Our turn around time is generally around 4-7 days depending on our current work load. However, we will try our best to cater for our customers needs, so if you need an especially quick turn around, let us know and we will see what we can do. For best results, send us your full track, in .wav format 44,100kHz 24bit at – 3db ( leave plenty of headroom ), with no compression, maximiser, stereo widener etc on the mix bus. As long as you leave plenty of headroom we will be able to get you an incredible sounding master back. If you send a track that is maximised and compressed the results will not be as good, as there is less room to work with. Please leave all the master compression and limiting down to us. To place your order please purchase your mastering here and one of our engineers will be in touch personally.
What Is Mastering?
Often known as the dark art in musical circles, mastering is the last step of the audio production process, the stage between the final mixdown and the distribution of your music, be it as an mp3, cd or vinyl. What the mastering engineer does for you, can vary greatly depending on what a track needs. Using a combination of their high end specialist audio equipment, a properly acoustically treated room and most importantly their experienced ear, a mastering engineer will polish your music and give it that professional edge in a highly contested market.
Does My Music Need Mastering?
Simply, the answer would be yes. Although a good mixdown will go a long way, a properly mastered track will add that final touch to make it stand up against commercial music and be playable on a wide variety of sound systems. With the increase of home studios over the last decade, music production is now available to the masses, however, most will not have access to the equipment that will give you the competitive edge. It is also important to have someone master your track with fresh ears, who will take an objective view, as it is natural for a person to listen to a track with an obscured outlook after listening to it looped for hours on end while producing/mixing it.
How Much Does It Cost?
Here at Audio Animals we master using high end audio equipment ( Maselec, Shadow Hills, Maag, Elysia, Neve, SSL, UAD ), which sets us apart from many mastering houses that purely use digital effects and plugins. Our prices start from £20 a master, although we offer discounts for multiple purchases such as albums and EP’s. We also offer a mixing and mastering service, that starts at £80, you can find more information on this here.
Digital mastering is priced at £20 per track and consists of the mastering of your track using Univeral Audio plugins such as the Manley Massive Passive EQ, Shadow Hills compressor, Brainworx Mastering Plugins.
Analogue mastering is priced at £25 per track and is far far superior to the digital mastering option. Taking full advantage of our analogue mastering chain including the worlds best multiband mastering compressor the Maselec MLA 3, Shadow Hills compressor, Maag EQ4′s, Neve Portico 542 Tape Saturation Units and a whole host of other high end gear. This is the option for any serious producer aiming to stand out from the crowd with a high end unique sound.
12 channel stem mastering is priced at £60 per track. This includes the control of 12 channel in your mix giving a more precise master. Stem mastering is the same as analogue mastering with the added benefit of having your mix summed through the SSL desk. Whilst summing in the SSL desk each channel is EQ’d and compressed correctly to ensure the mix is perfectly balanced for the perfect master.
How Do I Pay For My Master?
Why Use Audio Animals To Master Your Track
The key benefits to working with Audio Animals is the ability to have your tracks run through some of the industries top audio gear. Unlike a lot of mastering studios charging from £20 – £60 per track for a digital master inside the box using plugins. Audio Animals sum out of the box using an analogue SSL Solid State Logic 24 channel summing mixer. This is the same summing mixer used in most no.1 hit records. Audio Animals excel in the industry offering industry standard loud masters whilst retaining dynamics unlike many other mastering studios. We are able to achieve this with help from our unique mastering chain. Our mastering chain consists of the world’s best multiband mastering compressor the Maselec MLA-3 and legendary Shadow Hills compressor as well as all our analogue masters are run to the truly unique sound of Rupert Neve’s 452 tape saturation units. We’ve worked in the mixing and mastering industry for the past 12 years and have built up the perfect mixing and mastering chain for our style. We guarantee you will not find a better service on the internet that provides such high end equipment at this price. Affordable high quality mixing and mastering is now at everyone’s reach not just the major labels and artists. The reason most artists and labels choose Audio Animals to master their music is simple…. Quality. For £20 – £60 you are receiving a master on equipment that would cost you £100′s at most high end studios. With Audio Animals that same high quality audio master is available to you for a fraction of the price. For a full list of studio equipment we use visit our studio page here. More images of the studio can be found here.
At Audio Animals we are unlike any other mixing and mastering studio currently in operation. We aim to help our clients gain exposure and better themselves. We do this by promoting their releases across the internet and through our network of online media outlets. By choosing Audio Animals and benefiting from our free promotion service, releases are able to create more revenue and reach thousands of people your release was otherwise unable to reach.
Our clients range from Grammy award winning music producers and world famous vocalists such as Lil Wayne and Kele Le Roc to Hollywood film composers and film studios such as Universal Studios, Sony Pictures and Warner Brothers Studios. For a full list of previous clients please visit our clients list page here.
Audio Animals Mastering A/B Demos
Do I Get Discounts For Multiple Purchases?
Simply apply this coupon code to your order in your cart.
Digital Mastering Discount Codes
- Order four or more digital masters for 10% off - COUPON CODE: AA-Digital-Master-10-Over-4
- Order eight or more digital masters for 20% off - COUPON CODE: AA-Digital-Master-20-Over-8
Analogue Mastering Discount Codes
- Order four or more analog masters for 10% off - COUPON CODE: AA-Analog-Master-10-Over-4
- Order eight or more analog masters for 20% off - COUPON CODE: AA-Analog-Master-20-Over-8
Stem Mastering Discount Codes
- Order four or more stem masters for 10% off - COUPON CODE: AA-StemMaster-10-Over-4
- Order eight or more stem masters for 20% off - COUPON CODE: AA-StemMaster-20-Over-8